All my pictures of Grandma that I love are hard copies and they are packed away! But I have loved the two previous posts. Its amazing to see how much her physical body changed this last year. I too love my memories of Grandma, in no particular order:
1) Large family dinners on the ping-pong table
2) Her Christmas tree with a thousand ornaments
3) Large Shredded Wheat was always a breakfast option, and orange juice in Cheese Whiz glasses
4) Boiled hot dogs and baked beans after a hard morning's work of Spring cleaning or Fall closing of the ranch
5) Little Blackbird in a Tree and Say Say Oh Playmate
6) Quilting in the front room
7) Riding the Fire Engine on the 4th of July
8) Rocky Road packed and sent to my college apartment
9) Dropping in at 11:00 at night with 5 friends from college on our way to Oregon and not only her being awake, but sending us all off an hour later with ice-cream cones
10) Walking to and from church on beautiful summer Sunday's
11) Memorial Day flower arranging
12) The swing
13) Filling the bird feeders and looking at all the birds she had seen in her bird book
14) One time after a visit to our house Grandma sat me down and told me that not one of us children had thanked Mom for the wonderful dinner she had prepared...I tried not to let it happen again.
15) Owls on the ranch
16) That pantry smell
17) Birthday cards...even this year with money for "cake and ice-cream"
18) Pulling rye on the ranch and having Grandma tell me I was to picky an eater.
19) Stories of her youth, how she met Grandpa, and her early teaching years
20) Her faith and testimony of the gospel!
We love you Grandma and we'll miss you, but we know you are finally home with Grandpa.
3 comments:
Love the memories--I laughed at the pantry smell and boiled hot dogs. Even though I have been a part of this family for a short time, I recognized many of your fun memories. Thanks!
Ditto on what Lisa said. What a FANTASTIC lady. She will definately be missed.
I love it! What a great list. She was really amazing.
Post a Comment