HELLO!!! Sorry as much as I know that all of you want pictures of Alaska I don't have the time or any of the good pictures, you will have to beg Lindsey. Here is how it goes, my mission papers are going in this week hopefully, if all goes as planned, and so I am starting the guessing. Anyone can post on where they think I am going and you can have your friends guess as well, please name countries, not continents, and you DO NOT need to be as specific as cities. Please only one guess per person, oh and I was going to have everyone pitch in a dollar per guess, then the winner would recieve the monetary prize, and if no one guessed right then I would keep it to support my mission, but since everyone is spread out and there is no way to regulate the money that comes in that was nixed. So you guys will just have to live with the old fashioned guess it for the bragging rights. Have fun, and I love you all. Oh, and I guess I have a little time for pictures.
This is just a picture to show you that everything in Alaska isn't a barren wasteland like I thought. It is actually really lush and foresty and there is always a layer of fog everywhere so it seems like such a magical place really.
This was on one of our hikes by the glacier, a seemingly random shot that turned out great. Lindsey was playing a little hide and seek in this dense forest which we thought we were hiking through on some kind of "trail" and I use that word very litely.
This just shows that some of Alaska is a barren wasteland. Just kidding, but this is a picture of the glacier we hiked to and walked on, it was really cool.
This is another picture of the glacier and me, but this time I am REALLY close. Oh, and the day we hiked this it was POURING so I was soaked, but it was still well worth it.
This is one of my favorite pictures of the photogenic couple, this is them right after our cruise to see a glacier and sight see a little bit around the Alaska coast.
3 comments:
Sweet Pictures Dude. I vote for no prize money for the mission winner...what about a Nelson's Custard instead. Sounds too good to be true. I feel like if we bet a Nelson's Custard---my Chris's mission honing skills will be a little more accurate. Can we pick one US local and one out of country...or has it got to be one way or the other. Alaska looks like it was a very fun place. that hike to the glacier in your wet ensemble looks very cold. Alaska is beautiful. We wish we could have been there! I still need to hear and see all the stories. I know you have them-and I can't wait to hear.
love ya...amanda
I love it! "Show-and-Tell" us all about Alaska! I want more, more, just gimme more!
I am excited about the guessing game, it has been awhile. I need a little more time to contemplate Christopher Hill's possibilities. Oh, and custard sounds good, I'm not really sure just how you'll get it way out here to me when I win though!
I am laughing at you Chris for requesting monetary compensation for guessing where you will serve your mission (very clever and witty as usual :) )...I still remember when you were 7 years old and asked me for a dollar whenever I saw you :). Yet, Sydney is now 7 and she thinks dollar bills are pretty great too. Right now the tooth fairy is the best for leaving her a dollar every time she loses a tooth. So...what's my guess??? Even though I would love to guess Japan, I bet it will be ... ....Brazil!!! Feijoada to your heart's content! I am so excited that I will be there for your farewell Chris. I already am missing you.
Post a Comment