Dear Family,
We are alive and well and safe. We have traveled this week to Tillburg to get Sister Johanson and than today we had to go to Lelystad to take some medicine to another sister in need! Sister Johanson is doing much better with the no stress life style. She is very charming and can attract people to share conversation with. She is at ease declaring the gospel and sharing her testimony of principals. She is not 100 percent, I can tell.
The President called Friday to see if we would consider housing another sister. This Sister Lindsay is a greenie who came with pneumonia and has been in the hospital in Belgium. Pres. Bunnell was hoping to go see her today and bring her here with us. The Doctors have said she will need two week recovery. The good thing is we have Sister Johanson who can be her trainer while she recoups and Sister J. Can run their missionary life, without the stress of meeting quotas and deadlines! She is an upbeat type person, but can stress and have anxiety pretty quickly. Poor mission President t having to deal with all this emotional stuff, besides mission responsibilities. Please pray for all mission presidents too! Some of these girls can have had not a care at home and come out here and things go haywire.
We have stayed inside most of the week. I was going stir crazy Tuesday and insisted Sister J. Come to the grocery store with me. And she did fine. It was the start of a little more adventure for her,but we have not been out and about nearly as much as we once were. President Bunnell said when sister Lindsay comes, we can leave the two of them to do their thing and go out ourselves. It has been a good experience and she is fun to have for company. She plays the piano wonderfully and sings.
And she is great to take around and interpret for both of us! I thought Dad was understanding more than he must.
Transfers were Wednesday and we got to keep our Deven tear Elders and Elder Parr from Eindhoven came to replace Elder Reese. It will be a great group. I think one of our guy missionaries gets blue sometimes, too. What do you say, it happens.
Elder Davison t extend tonight and asked if we had any leftovers they could finish off! They came late and we cleaned out the frig! I decided it would be a Leftover Sunday anyway due to,our unexpected trip to Lelystad.
I finished cleaning curtains and bedding In another bedroom so that is done. Dad bought tulips for our kitchen at the market Saturday. I will keep you informed on how the tulip season is progressing.
We helped get Alice ready to,returned said to China for Chinese New Year. She has graduated and her visa came back . She was out of here in two days but thinks she will come back to Netheralnds. She came and fixed us Chinese food this week. I can not say tofu is a favorite. Or ,these little pouches of dried meat that are pretty oily. She said they were more snack type food.I gave one to one of the Elders and he said it smelled like cat food! She is a tidy cook ; she actually learned on the internet she said. Adam did you ever have fried tomatoes and scrambled eggs together? I liked the frozen peas and corn with shrimp stir fry. Everything else was a "glad I tried it" type dish. It is interesting to hear her talk of what is healthy to eat and what is not.
We love you all and miss you. We pray for all of you each day! Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment