Dear ones,
Sorry we are slow to write.! I need to post one thing at least each week.
We have stayed busy, but it is all good. Some days we just stay home and "collect ourselves" again.
We had interviews with the mission president again and he did not follow up on his New Years Eve question of "How are you enjoying being in Deventer and your apartment."
We have a couple in Gronegan who are leaving in 10 days and a new couple coming in March. The new couple has family close to Deventer so it was a more opportune location for her, but I do not want to move. In the end David told the president we would do whatever he decided. The couple in Belgium would actually like to move to the Gronigan apartment, because of the amenities it provides and the view, but they are doing so much good in Belgium, I don't know how you weigh the pros and cons. Gronigan has a active Jovo group and their church is being remodeled so the elders meet forDL meeting in the apartment and the Jovos meet their too. They need someone there to keep that going. Did I ever tell you how difficult the life of a mission president is? And that I am so glad it is them and not us!
We were part of a missionary discussion in our apartment with the sister missionaries which was terrific. Glory has continued to come to home evening and institute last night! She is here studying hotel management, and enjoys cooking. She wanted to make tiramisu for dinner last night but changed her mind due to the coffee in it. She has been reading the Book of Mormon and had questions that first lesson on why God would tell Nephimto kill Laban when to kill is forbidden. I was interested in listening to the sister missionary explain that one.
We have been to a Stake baptism and I marveled at the ward support for this woman who had investigated the church for probably ten years! She is a professor at a college in Hangelo where the ward is.
It's the 3rd Sunday of the month so we will go back to Gouda for the Jovo Meeting/fireside tomorrow. I don't have to cook so no worries here, other than driving at night. I have decided I don't like to be out on the roads on uncharted courses at night. we went to Belgium a week ago to start the drivers license procedure. We turned in Dads to start but in hind sight we should have resigned them both and saved a trip to Belgium. David still drives, he has proof of our Utah license and the copy of the application for a Belgium license. It will all work. We had the opportunity to do lunch with the Caldwells in Mechelin and they actually drove us to Brussells for our license. It is old hat for them and I do not enjoy driving there either! Too many scared experiences alreadY! We had a tender mercy given us - the DL office was closed with a sign it was open only on Mondays and we tapped on a window and pled our case, the one woman was I budging but a second opened her window and helped us! Tender mercy for sure. I have found a peace in trying to recognize the "tender mercies" we receive daily. Each of you try it- I used to call it luck,but know I know better.
This week will prove to be another busy week. They joked at the MTC that CES should not mean " cooking every second" , but in truth some weeks are just that way! But that is really why I came,right? That was my end of the deal. We are having a good time and are enjoying the missionaries and ward members. ...but are missing each of you. There is no doubt.
We love you all, Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment