Dear Family,
How are you all? Will you incorporate a plan each Sunday to have one of our grandchildren write us an email for their Sunday free time? It can go towards some award ,I am sure! Sydney, it was fun to hear of your more diligent piano practicing due to a YW goal! It is fun to hear what is going on in their lives. Count us as a pen pal!
We were contacted by the mission president and asked if we would keep a young sister missionary while her medications work themselves out. Our appointment to go to the temple with a recent convert fell through, so David and I went to the temple onFriday because I wanted to go. While there I recognized Sister Anderson who serves in Germany over the Jovo groups. We have skyped with them a few times. The Germany temples are being renovated so they came to our temple. She introduced me to a woman who had come with them from their office; her husband is the psychologist working with the missionaries. We were able to visit with her husband about this Sister Johansen who was coming to stay with us,which was super helpful! I felt it was meant to be.
sSister Johansen is from a super over achiever family, so the pressure has been felt. She is from Washington Terrace near St George,is a tremendous piano player which I have enjoyed. She plays a fantastic Disney theme song, makes tremendous comments in lessons taught( picks up the slackfor the Elders ) on temple lessons! I am sure she has been a tremendous missionary. Her scheduled release is March, but if her medications won't let her function, she will have an early release.
Alice, the Chinese convert expects to be going home next week. Sh is awaiting for her passport to be returned after applying to come to the United States. Her lease on her apartment is up the end of January so she won't have a place to stay. I told her today on the way to church she could come stay with us. We will see how things work out. Thanks to the early visitors, I Have washed duvet covers and drapes in the bedrooms so they will be fresh for you all too. I will wash the ones again that have been slept in; don't worry!
It has been colder this week. Dad was excited to see the canals frozen and part of the river! We had some snow which made all the children at the nearby school have fun. I don't know if the cold was country wide, because we saw daffodils blooming in the parkways on our way south to pick up Sister
Johansen.
We had a worldwide missionary broadcast Wednesday night and the district came to watch it here and have dinner. The rolls and spinach salad were the best part of the dinner! The broadcast was great and informative. The new member of the pr siding bishopric Spoke with Elder oaks,Bednar and Sister Oscarson from the young woman's organization. Some were led in a panel discussion type forum. I wonder how the elders and sisters were chosen to participate.
We changed Institute to Thursday nite and had 16 in attendance this past week!! I am sure that will be unusual where some came to have a meeting with each other and we had two investigators and one visitor, but we were over joyed with the response! I think I will serve taco salad every week, It was easy and well received!?! We have pizza nite every week. Really, why not!?
I find myself wondering how your missions were for you ,my sons. Your feelings and your frustrations. I wonder how leadership was for you, whether you lead or supported those who did, were your district meetings beneficial. Sometimes were they more fun than spiritually high? I love you all and am so proud you chose to serve missions and were faithful! Missions are revealing to many. Show you what you are made of! I Do Love You!
We love you all, Mom and Dad
No comments:
Post a Comment