Saturday, November 12, 2011

A trip from Mom and Dad!

Although I did not get any pictures of Mom and Dad with my kids, I do feel good about one pretty classic iphone picture.

Jed and I took a trip to Aruba for our tenth anniversary this month. We had a great time! These are about the only pics we took all week. We were so grateful to Mom and Dad for spending their week with our kids. They were VERY good sports!

They did an EXCELLENT job because I have been hearing, "Do you know what I really liked about when Grandma and Opa were here..." for weeks.

Mom helped me sew Halloween Costumes (even when I didn't have a pattern in the case of the Mad Hatter jacket). Then she even finished by hand when she couldn't figure out how to change the bobbin thread on my odd machine. She is amazing! Here are our costumes. The first one is before our Trunk or Treat and the second before the neighborhood parade.

Grandma and Opa we love you so much, thank you for your visit. Any one else want to come for a visit? (I won't make you sew!) Anyone? Anyone?

4 comments:

Matt and Lisa said...

Yeah!! I love seeing the adorable Halloween costumes that you made. They are awesome! I am so glad that you were able to go to Aruba. Did you see the wrecked underwater WWII ship? Matt and I loved that. We also loved the beautiful different colored buildings. We can't wait to see you for Thanksgiving! We are already making plans and Matt ordered a smoked Turkey.

Steve and Amanda said...

Ang...the long awaited post. I love it. I have been checking your blog faithfully just waiting to see this post. These costumes are fantastic. I love Sam's. I haven't seen a mad hatter costume that I have ever liked as much. The hat and jacket and pants. WOW....Seriously amazing. Your kids look so cute and Ellie looks so much bigger. Ellie you are growing up! Aruba looks like a post card. Mom and Dad look like a fork and spoon:) This cafe was the crazy one Dad told me about that had awesome breakfast? It looks like fun. Texas sounds like fun. What a party wagon you guys are to make the drive for Thanksgiving. Wish we were still there to eat the bird with you guys.

Anonymous said...

Okay, these costumes are pretty darn amazing even tho I saw them in person. You did yourself proud. I wonder what you will come up with next year? Thanks for the post and for letting us hear from you and see you. I enjoyed seeing your pictures of the guila monster and the island of Aruba , too. It will have to be by picture only for me I am sure. I am grateful you got away and I am grateful for your sweet kids. Grandma

Alan and Lindz said...

Wow,two posts in a week is right! How exciting. I usually check the blog at least every other day, but I got on today and saw three new posts and was so excited. These costumes do look amazing...you do great seamstress work, especially considering I talked to you like two weeks before Halloween and you had not even started. Great to see you family.
Love ya,
Lindsay