These are some of Nate and Saysha's kids with ours. They are fellow residents and good friends.


All hard work. It all began with a dream and then turned into millions of hours, 3 sewing needles :), and about 20 trips to the fabric store later and then we have costumes that I am totally proud of. Can you believe I did it? Not only do they look cute...I built family relationships along the way. If I missed a day of talking to Ang on the phone about costumes (usually several times during the day) then I found myself unpicking something or back tracking. Thanks Ang!
We went to see Matt McConkie's giant pumpkin drop from a crane at Hee Haw farms and ended up in the farm yard petting zoo (where the animals run one with the children) and in the end, we ended up with more than Hee Haw stuff on the bottom of all our shoes and pants.
So Cute!
The giant pumpkin landed on a car.
He taped a camera to it and I think the camera ended up in the parking lot somewhere.
Family Halloween party!
Gardner Village. We went on a scavenger hunt to find witches. It was really fun.
That isn't Lillian behind the bench with us. Although, I think she thought that she was mine.
Look how cool that one is flying through the air.
Happy Halloween! We have had a really good October. Here come the Holidays everybody...hold on tight and COME TO UTAH!!! Lindsey Hill is already talking about Black Friday.
OMA & OPA - Matt & Lisa - Adam & Christy - Linds & Alan - Ang & Jed - Amanda & Steve - Preston & Linds - Chris & Kara -25 Grandkids & counting....
Sunday, October 31, 2010
What a Spooky Time of Year
I posted a lot of pictures so Enjoy! These are our family pumpkins this year. Steve's is the really spooky one (He had a major dilemma picking a design. He thought this pattern just wasn't complicated enough) Mine is the sweet cyclops. Henry's the puppy and Lillian's the kitten. So cute.
Ahhhh...sunset from our dining room window. Yes...it does make dinner taste a little bit better.
Lillian at her preschool party. Minnie is her teacher
Matt and Lisa.....so it continues... This is Lillian making a wind machine to lift her hot air balloon into the sky so she can fly to Texas FINALLY. Steve asked me this week if I would ever consider letting Lily fly solo to Texas....when I said "No way! Are you serious." He said, "when she is older....of course:)" Whenever she finds money she puts it in her old peanut jar and saves it so she can buy a plane to get her there. This week she packed clothes for the entire family, including a set of church clothes, toys, diapers, etc. for the hot air balloon trip. When we took the balloon (her creation...without the help of us) outside she was really distraught that it wasn't flying up in the sky...at which point I realized it wasn't all imaginary play. It was for reals. Hence she is trying to create some wind to lift it up with the pin wheel and she found some feathers around the yard. Someday we will go to Texas...
She is absolutely adorable...and really brilliant.
Breakfast.
Steve's office throws a killer Halloween Trick or Treat party that goes through the clinic every year and it is much to be anticipated. We had such a good time ... way better than the traditional trick or treat. All the staff and a few residents take a room and decorate it. There was Harry Potter who magically opened a drawer of candy...a witch who's magic ball lit up when the kids touched it...and some really scary rooms that made my little oceanic children cry. We still had a good time and loved the Krispy Kremes and chocolate milk afterwards.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Great costumes and great pictures! Lots of hard work paid off :). There was an extra child in the family Halloween picture that I didn't recognize....who was it? I have never been to Gardner Village at Halloween time. Those witches were great!
To Lily: We sure can't wait for you to come visit us in Texas! We loved your hot air balloon invention. What a smart idea you little genius.
To All: We can't wait until summer. It will be super fun to see you all again!
Great post Amanda. I really miss your kids. Lily cracks me up. Her and E are definately related :) I still need to come and see your home.
Post a Comment