Thursday, August 19, 2010

Keep the Blog Alive!

O.K. so I haven't posted lately, but look every day to see if someone else did. So even though I don't have pictures to put up, I figured I should post so that I can egg others on to do the same. Here are my requests:

Angela/Jed: Flaming Gorge and of course Holiday World!
Lindsay/Alan: Amelia of course--and for those of us who couldn't make it to the baby shower, some pictures of that would be lovely. Also, an action shot of Alan writing his amazing thesis and performing his final experiments
Preston/Lindsey: You always are doing fun things with your cute girls--how about some more of those amazing pictures of Emma that you used to enter her into that contest?
Amanda/Steve: P-town and your adventures there. I even heard that you took a hike to Bridal Veil Falls today.
Adam/Christy: It hasn't happened yet and I know that you don't need prodding, but this is a preemptive request for back to school photos.
Chris: the single scene and maybe some earlier shots of Canada or Lake Powell? How about shenanigans at your job?

Our update is pretty uneventful. We went to Meet the Teacher night tonight and totally got the time wrong. By the time we got up to Sydney's class, the door was locked and the lights were out. We were able to catch her for a quick minute as she went out the door though. We also were going to talk to Spencer's assigned Kindergarten teacher about us starting him next year instead, but she was gone too. Strike 2!

Matt is still in the midst of nailing things down for his own practice. Needless to say, he is stressed about it. The projected opening date is the end of December.

I am amazed at all of the busy work and planning that I have in primary. Sunday was crazy and felt almost like it was going in slow motion...here was my agenda

7:00-missionary correlation

7:30-ward council

9:00-did 2 sharing times during primary--Sydney's Valiant 9 class didn't have a teacher and a parent ended up staying in there and teaching the class. When she told me at the end of church that I needed to talk to whoever made this big mistake and not show up, a lightning bolt came over me that it was me--I forgot to get a substitute. Yikes!

1:30-found out at last minute that Matt's teacher quorum needed refreshments at their fireside that night. Began to make cookies.

2:00-went to take cookies out of oven and forgot they were on parchment paper. As I tilted them ever so slightly, they all slid off onto the floor. A disaster for me, but
like Christmas morning for Cricket.

2:30-realize I now don't have enough cookies, so I make another batch.

3:00-need to finish my talk for the rapidly approaching fireside.

3:30-put programs and parent checklist together for Baptism Fireside.

4:00-on my way to fireside...going over talk in my head and realized I was already at church and forgot to pick up the refreshments at my secretary's house. No time to turn around, so I called Matt to do it.

4:30-Matt & kids walk in to church right on time for fireside. Sydney drops first container of cupcakes. Matt offers to give her the other container because he has his hands full picking up the first batch. Sydney drops the second and final batch of cupcakes.

5:30-fireside over, but kids (mostly boys) going crazy at the church, so we make a quick exit.

8:00-bed never felt so good :)

I would like to think that my big brain lapses don't mean I am already having senior moments. If so, I will need to start writing notes on my hand again.

I love you all and anxiously await your posts.

Lisa

3 comments:

Adam & Christy said...

Lisa, I love this post. I'm sitting her laughing my head off reading it. I'm glad I'm not the only one with crazy days. And I'm sorry yours had to come on a Sunday. It was fun talking to you the other day. I love those surpise phone calls.

Angela said...

Lisa- I thought that I had had the worst Sunday last week (with all our commitments and a failed sharing time) but you made me feel so much better and be able to just laugh about it! You guys are amazing! Elisabeth can't wait until she can get a "Cricket" like yours. She thinks maybe when Sam is four and can use the toilet. I hope Sam will use the toilet before then. We love you!

Steve and Amanda said...

Great Idea Lisa. I check the blog almost daily for new posts...why is it that I don't just do it myself???hmmmm....Your dog is supa cute. And your calling sounds like a hoot-have they filled all "the callings" yet? What a good woman you are.