Nathan's end of year baseball party. He received "Most Spirited Award" for having a positive attitude. He had a great experience with baseball and hope to keep him with the same boys and coach for as long as we can.
Sydney's dance recital costume. She did a hip hop dance and was great. We were very proud of her.
Spencer's 5th birthday was sort of a flop (notice the cake as example A). It was the same day as Sydney's dance rehearsal and recital. Not only did he wake up wondering "when the kids were coming over for his party", we had only a 2 hour window where we could even take him out to dinner. He only wanted to go to McDonalds with a playland. A dime a dozen, right? However, we were trying to find one on the way to Sydney's recital and convenient to meet Matt. Needless to say, we ended up at Fuddrucker's. As my mom was picking up the cake to move it to a different table, the whole thing slid off onto the bench. This was after an attempt to fix it. The Fuddrucker baker said "I am a baker, but don't think I can fix this." Sweet Nathan said "I bet it still tastes good." He was right.
Father's Day was nice. The kids always love going to the dollar store to pick out stuff for Matt. This year I realized that we may have graduated from the dollar store. Sydney kept picking red/white/blue fake flowers, Nate picked a battery operated fan because "dad gets hot working in the attic", and Spencer would find any toy that he wanted and said he would give that to dad (notice the googly eye glasses Matt is wearing in the next picture). Sydney made an awesome poster for him. Each symbol you see had a cute saying that she wrote about Matt. It was very sweet.
yellow trophy: "#1 DAD! The candy inside represents your sweetness"
green with money inside: "The money represents every wish you gave me"
orange star: "The star represents how you shined and showed me what to do"
blue smiley face: "The happy face reminds me of all the laughs you gave me"
red ribbon: "The ribbon reminds me what you earned for being a great dad"
Of course there were some back massage coupons included.
We sure do love our dad!
3 comments:
THis post makes me very excited for your arrival in a week. My kids are counting down. Nate and Easton will have a good time playing baseball in Oma and Opa's backyard and Meg and Sydney can make up dances to perform for us. (isn't it nice that I'm planning all this for them :)) And I totallly think that we will have to give Spencer a birthday party too. He's earned it for just being so sticken cute!
Thank you for posting these pictures. I love to see Matt in his new gift. I laughed about the cake and can't wait to hug your kids. I'm glad your Mom visited, it was fun to see her in a picture. We love you!
I too loved this post! What a great Father's Day gift from Sydney..so thoughtful. AND I love the glasses. Alan's Father's Day was a lot like Spencer's birthday it sounds like...only I did not even make him a cake to drop. I can't wait to see you all.
Post a Comment