
Matt's new toy has been the Big Green Egg. It is a ceramic charcoal grill/smoker. I have been the lucky recipient of many delicious smoky meats :). I thought I needed to let you all laugh with us as I document our experiement to make pizza on the Egg.
Supposedly, the Egg makes a fantastic brick oven due to the 750 degree temps. We didn't know the corn meal turned into literal fire at such high temps. We threw it on the stone in the grill and witnessed a small explosion.
As you can see, we went through 2 pizza stones on this "experiment"--an expensive experiment.
4 comments:
What a fitting name for it. It looks like a "Big Green Egg." :) THat pizza looks delicious.
I love this experiment! It definately charcoaled your stone which is interesting, I did not think a pizza stone would blacken like that. How did the pizza taste once it was done, and how long does it take to cook this way? And, how long does it take to heat the egg? Do you feel like you are part of an inquisition?
Love ya
It was kind of smoky tasting...but good. It heats up pretty quickly, to 750 degrees in 15-20 minutes. We found that 750 is too hot for the pizza. You just need 550-600 degrees and it cooks in less than 10 minutes. It has been a fun toy.
I want to taste. We may need to plan another trip. My two pizza stones got lost in a move, I miss them, but your story is much better. I want to know what the best thing from the egg has been.
Post a Comment