Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Hill Hoopla

Hey, I was talking to mom this last week about a conversation she had with Lindsey (Dizz) about our reunion. I think it was a great idea so I am going to post some of my ideas for our retreat online and then everybody can comment away with their ideas along with everybody else's. Then we can make an agenda up for our weekend and then get a meal plan started of who needs to bring what and when we'll be eating out and stuff.
Ideas? Well the reunion is scheduled, I think, tell me if I am wrong for Sat 14- Mon 16. Someone had mentioned sometime about going out at one point to the temple and to dinner without our kids. If we did do that I don't know when we'd do it if we didn't do Friday the 13th. Because Sat is Valentines (it would be too crazy right?) and Sunday is out of the question, and Monday everybody will be going home to get there kids to bed for school the next day. Right? So here are so some ideas of mine...just brainstorming mind you...
Friday temple and dinner with adults only. Then we can go to our respective homes and meet up for the reunion at moms on saturday.
I think bowling, ice skating, sledding, going to a movie, childrens museum, playing games at the house, taste testing contest (but what would we taste), valentines party on sunday at mom and dads( like our halloween one), we could go see the elk in logan (whatever that ranch place is called) any other great ideas? Anything you don't want to do? Why doesn't everybody comment on their top two favorite ideas. Whether they are your own originals or ones I've listed. Everybody tell how you feel about the Friday night idea.
sweet!!! it's gonna be a blast!

7 comments:

Steve and Amanda said...

maybe we should do our top 3 ideas

lindsey hill said...

I think kangaroo zoo would be a lot of fun, good way to wear the kids out.
The childrens museum (either at gateway or the tree house in ogden)
The valentines party.
it might also be fun to go to the rec center and go swimming or ice skating.
Of course play games.
If we did a taste testing contest we could do cheese, juice, gum, this link did something kind of fun with m&m's. www.makeandtakes.com/holiday-mm-taste-testing-activity
i don't know, these are just a few ideas.
We were kinda planing on friday night for the adults so that totally works for us.

lindsey hill said...

I do think that we need to have a game plan so we can make the most of the time that we have with each other and not trying to decide then what we should do. :)

Steve and Amanda said...

Mom said Friday night is a for sure...so everybody plan on it.

Matt and Lisa said...

Mom mentioned that dad heard of a heber creeper ride that stops at a sledding hill. That sounds fun. Also, we always do a red dinner for Valentines day at our house...the kids always like it. I also think it would be fun to ice skate at the rec center (or something else). I think we need to do something fun for the little kids like Spencer, Lily, and Emma like Kangaroo Zoo or a museum. I have never been to either children's museum so I don't know how good they are. Fun Times ahead!

Matt and Lisa said...

Oh...I am always a fan of the taste testing. The cheese is an expensive/fun idea.

lindsey hill said...

truly kangaroo is really a lot more excting and fun for the older kids. they have sections for little kids too and they love it but the older kids just go crazy!!!
Just thought Id throw that in