Friday, January 23, 2009

Seeing that yesterday was national pie day (http://www.holidayinsights.com/moreholidays/January/nationalpieday.htm), our friend decided to throw a Pie Party. We were very excited to attend, bring a pie and sample many pies. I've been craving a lemon meringue pie since Thanksgiving so I decided that I'd make one to bring. However, since I've wanted one for so long I didn't want to make it and only get one slice. So, I made two. Good thing. One of them turned out great. The other was a complete monstrosity as you can see. The crust collapsed while it was baking (you can't see that) and I put too much meringue on it (thus the mushroom look). I'm just hoping it still tastes great.

3 comments:

Adam & Christy said...

Good job Lindz. I'm so impressed that you can make a pie. You're several steps ahead of me. I'm not a big pie fan, but lemon meringue sounds yummy.

Steve and Amanda said...

Are you crazy ambitious or what? The first one truly does look like a masterpiece. pie parties sound like a lot of fun. Are people back east more creative?

Alan and Lindz said...

I think you are mistaking my pie making ability with Alan's abilities. He is the maker of both pies, and they both taste great! The pie party was a blast. There were all kinds of pies: lemon meringue (of course), apple, coconut cream, chicken pot, cupcake boston cream pies and a lot of pizza. If you are sorry you missed National Pie Day, I believe there is one in February with a slightly different name and then there is also Pi Day (as in 3.14) which is March 14 (3/14) clever huh. So, send out your invites and experience the sociality of the pie!