Monday, June 3, 2013

NASA and other stuff

Matt and his friends went to a Nascar race

Matt went fishing with his friend.  This was the only thing they caught all day.

Sydney and Nate after their spring recital.  I tried to download a video of them playing, but it wouldn't do it.  Lindsey, you will have to teach me how to do it.  Sydney played the Charlie Brown song and Nate played Mission Impossible and the theme from Pirates of the Carribean.

At NASA

NASA


In front of Saturn V rocket that propelled the Apollo space missions.  This thing is ginormous.  The length of a football field.

Inside a mock Apollo shuttle

Sydney holding a bottle of "Recycled Urine".  We were told they drink this in space.  That would be enough to keep me on the ground.

In front of a modern shuttle...what they use now after the Apollo missions


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay, I love this trip and that your kids look like they enjoyed the educational trip!!! Go Hill in Texas!
We love you all and love that you include us in your goings on. MOM

Alan and Lindz said...

This does look really fun and I was thinking all the Space shuttles were in Florida, but now it seems I do remember them having a giant place in Texas. When did you do that? I also would love to hear he recitals. Seeing them all dressed up made me think back to our days of recitals...it kind of gave me butterflies. It is so fun to see your family. I can't wait to see you in person.

Matt and Lisa said...

The shuttles always launch in Florida. But Mission Control and the Astronaut Training Facility is in Houston...why they aren't in the same place is a mystery to me. Anyway, having been to both space centers, I can say they are both totally worth visiting.

I would love to put Sydney and Nate's recital pieces on here, but when I try to upload them to the blog, I get an error message. I don't know why.

Only a few more weeks and then we are in Utah! Yippee!