Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Once in a Blue Moon



So it has been awhile since I have posted anything on the blog. You hear from me once in a blue moon. I didn't completely realize this until Sunday Night when Kara was over at the house and she wanted to see pictures of the family. We looked at the calender that Amanda had given Mom for Christmas, and then I brought her to the computer to see some up to date stuff. We chatted a little about the blog and she asked how long it had been since I had posted. I figured, oh a while, maybe August. Nope. July. Nope. June. Still Cold. I really was disappointed, I hadn't posted since March, almost a year ago. I figured if I was going to give Amanda a hard time about not posting on the blog, or her blog, I should probably live by my word. So here I am, where I seem to always be now a days, at school. Life is pretty normal for the unmarried brother, dating continues, school drags on, work (scarce as it is this semester) keeps me busy. I think this will just be a short post until I can get some pictures or something. Anyways, this semester I am in Anatomy, my first real touch of medical school, and I am in a cadaver lab, so I get to hang around all the dead bodies and smell of formaldehyde. So far I am loving it, but it is really challenging, and trying to devote enough time to that and studying for my other classes proves difficult. I have two labs this semester with my classes, plus I got accepted into a research project at the university isolating DNA from samples and looking for mutations in genes and what not. It is fun for the time being, but very monotonous, I think i will try and switch majors and research in a year or so. Research as a freshman is very rare, and people who I tell I am doing it find it hard to believe I was accepted into the program with on prior experience. There are blessings for you. I spend just about every day from 73o Am until about 4 or 5 PM on campus doing something or other, then usually take the bus home and don't arrive until 6. Other than that, working still on the weekends, and in any spare time I can find I am dating Karalyn Lee from Provo. I provided the full name for all you facebook stalkers, and I will try and get pictures up. I am pretty sure I have let most of you know everything there is to know about her, but any questions please ask, I will try and get them posted in my up-and-coming picture post. Love you all.
C.S. Hill
(PS, this is a cool picture of the temple a photographer took at one of my friends weddings. It is an incredible picture, with the sun perfectly placed, and the crazier thing is that NO ONE is in the picture when it was taken. The photographer claims he didn't have to shop this at all)

4 comments:

Angela said...

Wow! Awesome work C.S. Hill! How long has it been since I talked with you? Are people calling you C.S. or is that your Pen Name? Love ya!

Matt and Lisa said...

Nice to hear from you Chris. Any post is a welcome post--pics or not. It sounds like you are keeping pretty busy in all aspects of life. Ah those were the days!

Adam & Christy said...

Wow Chris, what a nice surprise. Your life sounds busy. ANd we still haven't met your new lady. WHat's up with that? I LOVE that picture of the temple. It's fantastic. Thanks for the over do post. :)

Alan and Lindz said...

Christopher,
How refreshing to have everything down in writing so I can re-read and re-live your life! Did you show Kara this post post-posting? It sounds like you are super busy. Are they going to pay you for your research, or do you just have to squeak in work when you can? I hope you post often to keep me informed on all that is going on. Miss you!