
The other week in an attempt to not kill over from boredom in our diet, Alan and I attempted a new recipe. Now, we do this about once a week, and more on some weeks and I must say....usually it does not turn out to well. I get comments like, "its okay" which never translates to "cook it again". So, in the post-excitement of a truly appreciated new recipe, I would like to share with you a classic and a very good remake of it if I say so myself. ( I can say so without losing my title of "most humble" because I did not remake the recipe, I just followed the true artists directions" Straight from my Internet, to my kitchen , to my mouth, to my computer, to you Internet and if you like to your kitchen.....
BEEF WITH BROCCOLI STIR FRY
3/4 lb sirloin cut into strips
2 tsp soy sauce
1/4 tsp. sugar
1/4 tsp salt
3T vegetable oil
1 T minced garlic
1 T minced ginger
1/2 tsp pepper flakes
1 minced chili (optional)
1 lb broccoli
1T cornstarch
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp cooking sherry
1/4 c chicken or beef broth
1 tsp sugar
2 t sesame oil
cooked rice-as a side
Marinate beef for 2o minutes in soy sauce, sugar and salt.
Make sauce: Dissolve cornstarch in soy sauce, add sherry, broth, sugar and sesame oil. Set aside.
Heat oil and stir fry ginger, garlic, pepper flakes and broccoli. Remove for pan.
Stir fry beef until cooked through then add sauce and broccoli mixture and heat together until sauce thickens.
It sounds involved but it is quite easy. It takes a few odd ingredients which I am sure you will be able to find other uses for. It comes together in about 30 minutes including marinade time. (As long as you start marinading and cooking rice at same time.
We used really cheap steak that we tenderized and cut up...sirloin was a little expensive for us!
We love you
BEEF WITH BROCCOLI STIR FRY
3/4 lb sirloin cut into strips
2 tsp soy sauce
1/4 tsp. sugar
1/4 tsp salt
3T vegetable oil
1 T minced garlic
1 T minced ginger
1/2 tsp pepper flakes
1 minced chili (optional)
1 lb broccoli
1T cornstarch
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp cooking sherry
1/4 c chicken or beef broth
1 tsp sugar
2 t sesame oil
cooked rice-as a side
Marinate beef for 2o minutes in soy sauce, sugar and salt.
Make sauce: Dissolve cornstarch in soy sauce, add sherry, broth, sugar and sesame oil. Set aside.
Heat oil and stir fry ginger, garlic, pepper flakes and broccoli. Remove for pan.
Stir fry beef until cooked through then add sauce and broccoli mixture and heat together until sauce thickens.
It sounds involved but it is quite easy. It takes a few odd ingredients which I am sure you will be able to find other uses for. It comes together in about 30 minutes including marinade time. (As long as you start marinading and cooking rice at same time.
We used really cheap steak that we tenderized and cut up...sirloin was a little expensive for us!
We love you
3 comments:
I am always searching for new recipes. I can't wait to try this one. I will let you know how it turns out.
I tried this last night--it was fantastic! Thanks for the great recipe. It was too spicy for the kids, but perfecto for Matt & I.
Lindsay and Alan...so i totally am going to try this next week. i think i am going to start a recipe exchange on this website. this is the idea. we'll asign somebody to post a new recipe every week (or 2 weeks) we all have to try it by the end of the week and make comments. sounds good huh?
Post a Comment