Sunday, February 14, 2016

Dear Ones!


It has been a pretty chill week with these two sister missionaries.  Sister Johanson still has her high and low days.  Her Mom flies in this Wednesday and they will tour and go back home. Sister Maughan was sent to Belgium for legal work and spent the night with sister missionaries there.  She came home looking like she had been ran over and coughing to boot!  We have a check up with the doctor tomorrow and hope her lungs are clear and her ears!

Zone Conference is Tuesday in Rotterdam. Both sisters will go their own way after that. We stay with sister J. at the Mission home and than deliver her to the office where she will meet her Mom.  They plan on spending nearly a week touring and visiting people and than return to St George.We will feed 60 at this Zone Conference and since I am doing the bulk of the cooking. I am making sloppy joes from 20 lb. of hamburger! I hope I have not overshot the amount. 120 buns. I will report next Sunday!

We shopped at Makro last Friday and bought alot of needed supplies.  I had asked Sister Romig what she cooked when she did it alone and she gave me this idea.  We hope it goes over!

Monday we clean, I have visiting teachers and than cook all day. Dad will take the girls to the Doctor app't.. And I am sure we will see the Elders; they have already texted to see if they could do something special for Sister Johansons last p-day.  Its fine as long as they won't come hang out all day!!  We have FHE tomorrow too.  They may get some store bought treat that night.

We had a good turnout for Institute but not all that we have had the past 2 weeks.  In all I think there were 9 or 10 for the lesson. Sister Johanson did not come down for the lesson.  and Sister Maughan caught a late train for Belgium that night.

We hung some hooks and some racks to hang clothes in two of the bedrooms and will do one for the last bedroom later.
It has snowed all day today but nothing is sticking. The roads are wet and slushy.  The Issyl River is at the highest oint sinces we moved here.  We were both surprised to see how close it is to the docks and walkway.  When the sisters leave we will make more walks down that direction.  We saw kayacks out on it Friday on our way to Arnham to shop. A heavy loaded tanker was clipping along yesterday making quite a wave in front of it as it plowed through the deep water.. The water has been measuring 11 on the poles since we arrived and now it is at 8.  I wonder if the spring melt from higher elevations will make a differencestill.  I'll ask my visiting teaachers tomorrow morn who live here in Deventer.
WE Love you all from afar.  I love Whats Ap, It keeps me alive!  Love Mom

No comments: