I was singing this song to Amelia today and wondering if I remembered all the verses so I looked it up online. There are some verses I don't think I had heard. They are missing the verse about riding to town on the old gray mule. Also they said that some school children sing it in the Alfred Hitchcock movie "The Birds" so goog for Halloween! For old times sake:
Nickety, nackety
I married my wife in the month of June,
Nickety, nackety, now, now, now;
I courted her home by the light of the moon,
Nickety, nackety, hey-eee dum dafferty
willaby wallaby rustical quality,
Nickety nackety now, now, now.
She combs her hair just once a year,
Nickety, nackety, now, now, now;
And every time it brings a tear,
Nickety, nackety, hey-eee dum dafferty
willaby wallaby rustical quality,
Nickety nackety now, now, now.
She weighs in a lump about 300 pounds
Nickety, nackety, now, now, now.
When she sits in a chair the thing breaks down
Nickety, nackety, hey-eee dum dafferty
willaby wallaby rustical quality,
Nickety nackety now, now, now.
She churns the butter in her daddy's old boot,
Nickety nackety now, now, now.
And for a dash she uses her foot
Nickety, nackety, hey-eee dum dafferty
willaby wallaby rustical quality,
Nickety nackety now, now, now.
She washes the pigs in the kitchen sink,
Nickety, nackety, now, now, now;
She makes the black ones all turn pink,
Nickety, nackety, hey-eee dum dafferty
willaby wallaby rustical quality,
Nickety nackety now, now, now.
The saddle and bridle lie on the shelf,
Nickety, nackety, now, now, now;
If you want any more you can sing it yourself,
Nickety, nackety, hey-eee dum dafferty
willaby wallaby rustical quality,
Nickety nackety now, now, now.
1 comment:
I don't know this song. I like the verse about her weighing "a lump about 300 pounds", and "when she sits in a chair the thing breaks down". This was the good old days. Things are too politically correct now :)
Post a Comment