Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Our Lives!


Hello Family,

There have been so many times in the last month when I thought, "I should post." So you are probably saying to yourself, "Well I haven't read any of Lindsay and Alan's posts recently?" And that is because I have not posted...but today I turn over a new leaf again. A snapshot of our month:

1) September 3-6th Alan's Birthday present was fulfilled, two tickets to the Depeche Mode Tour of the Universe concert in Tampa Florida. And who can fly into Orlando for three days and not be sucked into the money pit of Disney World so of course we did it all....we did it all in two days instead of one this time though. We are definitely not the partiers we once were though because by the end of the day at Disney I was ready to be done and dragging...not running to get to my favorite ride before closing...that was old Lindsay. And Space Mountain was closed for revisions-bummer. But we did hit all the other greats: Everest, the Jungle Tour, Aerosmith, Tower of Terror, Splash Mountain, the Haunted Mansion, Thunder Mountain, and a new favorite...the Toy Story Ride at MGM-awesome. The Depeche Mode concert was also fantastic. They played a lot of their old stuff...including Somebody during a second encore which always reminds me of Adam at the dinner table in high school...any one else remember? That was Florida in a nutshell. We took no pictures, sad.
2) Labor Day we were back home and went to the Ashboro NC Zoo with our friends Connie and Chad and their 2yo Calvin. It was fun. It is a huge Zoo and the animal habitats are huge...so huge that most of the time you could not see the animals! (Smile) But it was fun.
3) Ultimate Frisbee: Ultimate Frisbee season is here again and Alan is playing on the Carrboro league. I have played the last few years with him, but this year he is playing solo. They have won a game and lost a game so the season is still wide open. They changed from a t-shirt to a jersey shirt...and that actually made me feel better about not playing...I love a t-shirt that says Ultimate Frisbee and makes me look athletic, but a jersey?
4) September 10th: Angela's birthday...we missed it and called two days late. We knew Jed would make it up to her though.
5) September 11-13th: Duke Graduate School Basketball Ticket Campout. Alan camped out from Friday 7pm to Sunday 7am and did not miss one random check-in...the check-ins occur at all hours of the day and night. A loud siren/fog horn goes off and it is like a stampede from the tents/motor homes/moving trucks to the table where you check in. If you miss two check-ins during the weekend your name is removed from the drawing. If you campout and make it to all the check-ins you get your name in the drawing for the chance to win tickets. If you win tickets you still have to pay for them. It is a crazy tradition but one that we have come to enjoy. For the first time ever I was not on call and stayed both nights...it was great. I just love to go and see how many beer-pong/corn hole games you can set up in such a small area.
6) Seprtember 12th: Stake Women's Day. I ditched out of campout on Saturday morning in order to attend Stake Women's Day. Every year it has a great offering of classes and every year for the last 5 I forgo the classes in order to help in the kitchen. One of our friends is always in charge of food. She does an amazing job and really most of the fun happens in the kitchen.
7)Alan went to the dentist and had no cavities
8) September 18th We attended a Cheese Party in honor of a friend's birthday. It was delicious and fun. You should all throw a cheese party!
9)September 19th was our Ward Cookout: We came in 5th in the water balloon throwing contest..lost to the missionary. We did not enter the eating contest: won by the missionary. We did not make the final cut for the three-legged race, but neither did the missionaries. It was pretty fun.
10)September 21: Bought out tickets to Dallas for Thanksgiving...we hope to see lots of you there. We are oober excited! We love you guys. Sorry for the lack of pictures. We will try to photo document our lives better.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was so great to catch up on what you and Alan have been doing. I'm sorry but I didn't get the comment about Depeche Mode's song "Somebody" and Adam at the dinner table. Did Adam think he was "somebody" in high school?!!

Looking forward to seeing you on conference weekend. We love you.

Dad & Mom

Matt and Lisa said...

Loved this post! The picture attached is a real attention grabber. I looked at it for over a minute to try to figure out what it was. Is it from the concert??? Anyway, we Texans are sooo excited for the upcoming Thanksgiving festivities!! Can't wait actually! We have room for all and all are invited :)
Love,
Lisa

Adam & Christy said...

Oh MAN! Your lifes always seem so exciting. I love how your always up for whatever Linds. What a wife you are. I'm not sure if I would have been up for camping out for basketball tickets. I'm soooo jealous that you guys are going to Texas for Thanksgiving. Let me know if you come across any airline deals from Utah so we can join you.