Monday, February 25, 2008

Week ?

Okay, so my New Year's resolution lasted 4 weeks...is that so bad? Maybe change isn't a good thing. I was just looking at the blog for the third time since midnight to see if anyone is up and posting and it appears Steve is! Just kidding. It was so fun to read about the triathlon and we do really wish we could participate. I would even do the swim if I could wear the little Flinstone's floaty devices in the bottom drawer of the hallway Mom. You didn't throw those away did you?

The most exciting case of the evening had to be the man who tried to swallow half his porky chop in one bite and got it stuck in his throat....lets talk about porky. And to think if he had only done the 20 chews rule I could have been sleeping. No, it was pretty disgusting though, who would rather sleep than that. The other exciting case was this 20 something year old who had been in a car accident and broke his nose and orbital bone and plastics came and made him all pretty and then he woke up like there was a fire in his pants. We had 5 people in the room holding him down and I thought for sure someone was going to rebreak his nose! Those crazy 20 something year olds...

This week we were trying to get back into our working groove after being on vacation in Utah. Such a relaxing vacation. We loved getting to see you all and we were sad that the time past so quickly. I was on call on Tuesday and Wednesday we were able to go to the temple which is always great. Thursday we had a friend's birthday celebration at our favorite pizza joint with Randy the karaoke DJ! It is an annual tradition and though Alan and I made our only appearance last year doing Carbon Leaf...I enjoy watching other people's complete lack of inhibition. There is also a table of regulars, "The Legends" and they actually sing quite well but they have a strong tendency towards country! Friday night we finally unpacked from our vacation. Alan was unpacked first which is a first and he was very proud of the fact. We watched the 1957 version of 3:10 to Yuma which was suspenseful only because it was so slow. Saturday Alan helped a family move and I studied and that night we tried to be social, but no one was willing to help us out, so we made a great dinner and played a great game and stretched a large canvas for the next painting project. Now that we have completed our first painting project and displayed it in the bathroom, we are boldly planning a much grander scale project to hang in the living room. We might post pictures, or you might have to come to the Dibb Gallery to see it! Its a race...

No comments: