We are continuing our blogging experience and enjoying it. We just returned home from a Buster Keaton silent movie that they showed in Carrboro (which is close) and it was great. We were talking about how the trend in beauty has changed, because the heroin in this movie had a terrible wig and a round face. I was thinking as I watched it about the picture of Grandma Matthews in her bedroom and I decided she could definately have been in film...she was much prettier than the heroin in our film. But is was fun to see the silent movie and they provided us with popcorn and drinks for free!
This week we tried to be more exciting. The fact that we now blog our lives to you means we have to put extra effort into making them noteworthy. We both had Monday off for MLK day and so we did some grocery shopping and went bowling that night with some friends. I broke 100 on a game and Alan, although he broke 100, felt he played poorly. We are going to have to practice from now on.
On Tuesday night we decided it was time to take
our home decor into our own hands. We had been looking for pictures to hang in our bathroom and we found some we really liked, but when we went to get them they were sold out. They were just botanical silhouettes, so we decided that we could probably paint them. Since then, we have used our weekly AC Moore coupons to buy canvases and Tuesday we took to painting the basecoat. Wednesday Alan went to work and reported at his weekly meeting and I was on call. Thursday I came home and slept while Alan worked and then that afternoon we finished out bathroom art creations. We were pretty proud and have decided to start an online art business. Let us know if you would like to place an order...just kidding. But is was fun and we were able to color customize the work. We will throw in a picture.
Friday night we went to see 27 dresses with Abby and I enjoyed it...Alan was more tortured by the girlie film. I thought it was mindlessly entertaining though. This morning we had to wake up early for a primary activity and then we came back and went back to sleep and then I worked on my bedspread while Alan worked in the garage. Then we saw our silent movie and now we are blogging to you! We love you guys.
I was excited to see pictures of the MTC, we are excited to have a missionary and wish we could have seen him off. We love you guys. Until next week...we hope to hear from you all. Lisa, I love your pictures.
2 comments:
I don't believe that you really did those pictures yourself. Are you being honest? I want a real answer. They look too perfect. If your being honest and you really did do them...how? did you have a pattern? How did you get the leaves to turn like that on the bottom right one? If indeed you are being honest...I will be thoroughly impressed. Please tell me...I would love to place an order!
So in defense of Alan being tortured by going to that movie I wouldnt even let Kimmi take me to that. Im not trying to be mean to my wife because I enjoy a good chick flick here and there in fact "you've got mail" and "just like heaven" are some of my favorite movies. but when we saw the preview for 27 dresses I said to Kimmi. "sorry hun but Im not going to that one... it looks lame" Poor Alan he needs our simpathy. you are a braver man then I. Oh and I agree with Steve and Amanda. start taking orders for your art they are AMAZING. when alan told me about this art project i thought they were going to turn out like his high school pottery projects... NASTY UGLY!! but wow I want some of these pictures!!! they may make great additions to our future re-modeled downstairs bathroom. Ill get back to you on that.
Love you guys!!!
Post a Comment