Thursday, January 10, 2008

Week 2

Aha! You guys thought I was not going to make it. Week two and Lindsay is still on track for her New Year's resolution. I am excited to be able to come home for Grandpa's funeral. It will be nice to be there with all of you. My department was really good about giving me a few "sick days" to come home and there is no place I would rather be.

As for the rest of our week. We are still living by night and sleeping by day. Today was an all time low for productivity. We came home at 7am from work and slept until 5:30pm (with the exception of one 2pm call from Amanda which we enjoyed) and then showered and came back to work. Fortunately it has been a slow evening and so I have not had much to do with all my energy and therefore I am keeping my resolution. I think the jet lag this weekend will help with the transition phase though and by next week we should be back to awake when its light and asleep when its dark. That has been the really odd part...I never see sunlight. Last week I thought...I could do OB nights the rest of my life (if Alan did it with me) but this week, I am ready to not do OB nights.

No other big plans for this week. Alan is supposed to talk on Sunday, his first for our ward. He will do a masterful job and I will have someone tape it. That is unless he decides to come home too. We only eat two meals these days and the one together is always breakfast which is odd since we don't usually eat breakfast together. Unfortunately we ran out of breakfast food 2 days ago. Maybe that is why we just could not get out of bed this morning. We are boycotting buying more eggs until someone has them on sell...the price of eggs these days. We may buy a chicken. And a cow for that matter.

Yep, that is it...I told you weekly posts were not going to be all that exciting. But I am not a quiter...weekly posts you get!

I love you all. We are excited to see you.

Love-

Lindsay and Alan

1 comment:

Matt and Lisa said...

I am joining your New Year's Resolution!!! I will even try to post pics---we'll see about that one. It was great to see both you and Alan at Grandpa's funeral. See you in a few weeks!