Dear Family,
How are things at your homes? School has started and a new routine in place, I feel. Hope everyone is enjoying being back into that school routine and learning. Learning is a lifetime endeavor if we are diligent. We can learn something new everyday-
The weather is changing here in Holland. We had a super heat wave the middle of August but the days are obviously getting shorter as the sun does not wake us nor give us enough light in the early morn in our closet to get dressed.:)
We have had two new couples join our mission and a third is arriving and will come visit for a few days
here in Deventer. It is enjoyable to get to know them. These last two are putting an honest effort into learning the language; i admire that. I could offer a simple prayer in Dutch at this point but understanding a conversation or church talks, is still beyond me. I can catch a word here and there. I can smile, though!
Sister Christensen took the stitches out of my nose this week. I have a divet in the top section, but it will be something to bring home from our mission. An emergency room visit and 3 stitches cost 87 euro here in the Netherlands and they were fast and efficient. Is that one bonus from this type of medicine? The Jovos said it was highly unusual to be taken care of that efficiently: a mission blessing.
We have Zone Conference in two weeks and are preparing the meal for it. We have had Zone training the past two months and have not been asked to prepare the meal. They have been for just two hours in the afternoon. Our combined Zone has changed this time and so we have 3 senior couples preparing the meal. Sister Caldwell is doing chicken salad sandwiches, Sister Jonson is doing a vegetable and I have dessert and the table ware to bring. ( I got off easy)
We love you all . You are in our prayers always. Keep the Faith and the home fires burning!
Have a great month and enjoy the fall colors! Mom
1 comment:
I love to hear about your adventures there and am happy to here that you got speedy medical care mom! It sound like you are becoming a "real" senior couple in that you are mentoring and training the new ones coming in! They will be inspired by all your great ideas, recipes, and company. We love you!
Post a Comment