So...here is a little recap on what we have been up to since...yikes Easter? Wow. It has been beautiful around our house the last few months and I think many of you have heard this story...but for those of you who have not, I will retell. We had walked a couple of blocks away from home to some horse pastures for FHE one night. We were petting them behind the barbed fence and feeding them grass. We had stopped and visited these horses before, they are so nice.
She is like our own little horse whisperer. Absolutely unafraid and they love her and nuzzled right into her. She loves horses and Steve and I had just mentioned how good she is with them.


Our neighborhood Easter Egg hunt was great!!! We were all a little wet when we got home but we had a really fun time.
Here are a few pics from Memorial Day weekend at the Ranch house. It was a surprise for us when we walked in and the Dibb family was there waiting to greet us. Amelia is so cute! Um...and you too Alan:)
Making dish cloths on top of the pool table. Thanks Aunt Renae for all your hard work!

Moments later this brown horse came down and nicked her right on the forhead. Thank heavens for this little snow cap on our little guy. We used it to stop the bleeding as we rushed her to the Instacare and then the ER. She was as brave as brave can be. Three Stitches later---and she was back together again. She still isn't afraid of "farm horses" only "wild horses". Very sensible. She was a Rock Star. After the event I have heard so many stories and feel so grateful that it wasn't any worse. No more petting random horses:)

I had my first turn with stitches this spring too. Two stitches in my thumb after I was cutting up vegetables for our Sunday dinner. We had a visitor coming over for dinner and we stopped all preperations and my main squeeze performed operation on me at the dining room table. Yum! I was so brave and He (as you can see) did an excellent job. I have a hard time even seeing signs of the cut because he sewed me up so well. Medical Perks in our house are awesome!!!
Our neighborhood Easter Egg hunt was great!!! We were all a little wet when we got home but we had a really fun time.
Here are a few pics from Memorial Day weekend at the Ranch house. It was a surprise for us when we walked in and the Dibb family was there waiting to greet us. Amelia is so cute! Um...and you too Alan:)Monday was a Cold Cold Cold afternoon up at the Ranch.
There were tons of tractors there.

At the graves on Monday with the family.
We went up on Saturday and spent the entire weekend. We had such a good time! It was fun to hang out with everybody and killer UNO on Saturday night was memorable. We also went shooting up at the Ranch house with all the Thomas's. It was the highlight of the trip for me.
Here is Steve in His natural state.
He really makes shooting fun.


ROCK ON!
3 comments:
I hadn't heard that story about Lily's horse bite! That is crazy. Thanks for the great pictures and commentaries. I really do miss it when the posts go dry. We saw that same U2 concert when they came to Dallas. I think it was almost two years ago--could that be right?? I recognize the huge UFO looking thing. Anyway, your show was much better I am sure because ours was in that humongous cowboys stadium which has HORRIBLE acoustics. We really missed being at the ranch this year. However--SOO SOO excited to see you all in a few short weeks :) :) :)
I love the update Amanda. You guys have been having some fun. Minus the whole horse incident. Poor Lily! U2 concert? really? SO not fair. But I was glad to hear you guys had so much fun even if Adam and I weren't there with you :) I love the picture of Lily posing on Memorial day at the graves....so cute! I can't wait to see you guys this weekend. Yay! Party! Love you!
Am I missing out on another party?? Darn!
Post a Comment